Facing the Winds of Change
Wolakota Foundation is a grassroots non-profit organization emerging from the needs of traditional Lakota (Dakota/Nakota) people to maintain their cultural and spiritual lifeways for the sake of future generations. Since it’s inception, the organization has sought to promote and protect as well as educate others about the traditional values and wisdom of Indigenous People.
The term Wo-lakota means: peaceful, responsible and caring, a compassionate and generous people. Wolakota encourages people to step forward in recognizing the value of their own cultural roots and in so doing, reconnecting with the strengths and wisdom that all traditional cultures hold in common – our connection to each other and to the Earth.
Through our core projects, we seek to:
- Protect Sacred Sites throughout the World
- Promote dialogue among indigenous people
- Encourage traditional values and skills along with earth-friendly technologies
- Seek sustainable solutions to environmental abuse
- Educate the succeeding generation to become responsible, well-balanced human beings.
- We welcome you to explore our possibilities and ask that you join us as we face the wind –
- – together.
Please use the links at the top of the page to find out more about Wolakota. Don’t miss our News & Updates, and please check Our Deepest Gratitude.
For mor information on any of our projects see Contact